Is Removing Fire Odor From Your Delta Home Difficult?
Homes in Delta That Have Experienced a Fire Are Left with Unpleasant Odors, but SERVPRO Has the Tools to Mitigate the Problem
A fire does not have to engulf the entire home for it to have smoke damage. Smoke residue can travel through a house via the HVAC ducts and simple air movement. It leaves behind foul odors as the soot settles in every nook and cranny. It is challenging to remove the smells, but SERVPRO has been returning residences to preloss condition for years. If your Delta home was damaged by fire, our technicians provide fire restoration service that cleans, repairs, and restores your home.
How Does Smoke Smells Affect a Home?
Whenever a fire happens, smoke particles rapidly disperse. At SERVPRO, we know what is involved in mitigating unpleasant odors from fire damage in Delta homes. We also know how to track down the source and eliminate them.
The smell of smoke is prevalent due to porous material such as carpeting and fabric absorbing and trapping the particles. Heat bonds soot to structural elements and content, leaving malodorous smells. Synthetic materials produce oily and greasy residues, intense heat forces smoke residue particles deeply into impacted content, and smoke rises and settles into the HVAC system. All of these add up to your home becoming one big odor problem.
How Does SERVPRO Handle Odor Removal?
The primary cause of fire-related odor is soot. It affixes itself to the surfaces in your home, causing the strong smells. Our technicians deal with the problem by:
• Using abrasive blasting, scraping, and wire brushing to clean heavy smoke residues and charring.
• Delicate surfaces get cleaned with peroxide active cleaning techniques.
• Using agents like trisodium phosphate (TSP) for greasy residues and dry-cleaning sponges for non-greasy surfaces.
• Structural elements with non-greasy soot can be power washed.
• Air scrubbers, HEPA filters, and ozone material remove odor from the air.
• Cleaning the HVAC system with advanced technology.
• Vaportek equipment neutralizes the smells while industrial-strength fans and air movers ventilate the area.
• Thermal fogger, desiccants, and time-released scented agents can also get utilized.
• SERVPRO technicians know what equipment and cleaning agents to use for your situation. If you need fire damage cleanup, we are here any time of day or night.
Contact SERVPRO of Montrose / Telluride at (970) 240-6970 for expert fire damage service. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!