What Can I Do to Save My Montrose Home After a Fire?
SERVPRO Helps Limit Loss Within Your Montrose Home Using Expert Fire Damage Restoration Methods
Anyone affected by fire loss in the home will tell you that this is an experience that is both frightening and traumatizing. SERVPRO is here to ensure you have a team on your side to bring your interior back to preloss condition. We will take the time to plan out our restoration efforts while working quickly to limit the monetary impact of the loss. Once you call us to your Montrose property, you will see that We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster and ready to get to work 24/7 for emergency fire restoration.
What Type of Damage Can I Expect?
When you require fire damage restoration in Montrose, our team will be happy to talk with you about what to expect. Damage from a fire goes beyond what you see after the flames get extinguished. Fire damage includes the potential for:
• Issues with the structural integrity of the building
• Potential electrical hazards
• Soot and smoke damaged belongings
• Water damage from extinguishing the flames
Prompt response and rapid action to begin restoration are crucial when limiting the amount of financial and emotional struggles that fire causes. Once the fire gets put out, and the first responders deem the building safe to enter, we can have a SERVPRO Green Fleet arrive at your property in as little as four hours or less. We start with an initial assessment that allows us to work most efficiently to achieve our cleanup goals.
Why Does Restoration Have to Begin So Soon?
The best time to begin fire damage recovery and restoration is as soon as your building is safe for entry. An effective response will help to stabilize your home so that we can salvage as much as possible. Waiting too long means that the acidic soot and smoke damage is left to fester, creating a corrosive atmosphere that speeds up the deterioration of vital assets and building materials. Further compounding the problem will be the water or dry chemicals used to put out the flames.
Can I Start Restoration?
Many homeowners are tempted to dive in and help with restoration efforts. However, there are many times when DIY cleanup methods cause more harm than good. There are several things that you should not do after you have a fire in your Montrose home, including:
• Never attempt to shampoo your upholstery or carpets
• Never attempt to wash painted surfaces or walls
• Never attempt to use any of the packaged or canned beverages or food that had been stored near the fire zone
• Never attempt to clean any of your electronics or appliances that have been subjected to heat, flames, or water
• Never turn on any lighting fixtures or ceiling fans if they have gotten wet
Any combination of one or more actions above can compound the damage to your interior. SERVPRO has the right tools and techniques to safely handle your belongings and damaged materials to get the best results.
However, there are several things that you can do after a fire that may help facilitate our restoration efforts. These actions include:
• Limiting movement throughout your home to prevent tracking and embedding of soot particles into carpets and upholstery
• Try not to touch anything as further soiling can occur to your woodwork, walls, and upholstered furniture
• If your electricity is off, you can empty your refrigerator and freezer, leaving the doors propped open, for a minor fire incident, leave for us to inspect first.
• If movement in the home is unavoidable, try to place old linens or towels on carpeted surfaces to keep them clean
What About These Strong Odors?
As mentioned, the soot and smoke particles left from a fire can continue causing damage. Our IICRC-certified fire restoration technicians know how to deal with smoke, soot, and odors to prevent further damage from setting in. The stubborn residue left after a fire is not only odorous but also potentially hazardous to your health. Our team arrives and wears all of the right protective gear for our safety while working. We also utilize a broad range of odor-eliminating tools and products, such as:
• Odor counteracting beads
• Deodorant pellets or granules
• ULV misters using water-based wet mist deodorizers
• Thermal fog deodorizers
• Odor and stain surface sealants
We also have a broad inventory of equipment like air filtration devices, air scrubbers, ozone generators, and injection devices that help us achieve our odor elimination and deodorization goals.
When it comes to fire damage restoration, our crew at SERVPRO of Montrose / Telluride is ready to get to work whenever you need us. We are prompt, reliable, and work fast to make your interior “Like it never even happened.” Call us to have a crew deployed to your property at (970) 240-6970.