We Are Here To Help After Your Delta Home Experiences A Fire
Fire Damage Restoration For Your Delta Home
Your home in Delta is a place of shelter for you and your family, but it is also a safe place for you to rest and come together after a long day, spend time with friends, and raise your family. Since home fires do happen, it is vital that you and your family members know and understand some fire safety tips to keep everyone safe at home.
Any size fire in your Delta home is scary and unsettling. The fire damage left behind can be quite severe, even if it was a small fire. That's why you need help from a professional remediation company such as SERVPRO. We have the training and tools needed to restore your home so you would never even know anything happened.
The first place in your home to practice fire safety is when you are cooking. Whether you are inside in your kitchen or grilling outside, do not ever leave your cooking unattended. Wear tightly rolled or short sleeves while cooking as well, and make sure anything flammable is away from the burners such as hand towels or oven mitts. Keep your children 3 feet away from the stove and place your outdoor grill at least ten feet away from your property and any overhanging branches.
Part of what SERVPRO techs need to do to get your home restore is structural cleaning. Cleaning a structure that has been damaged by fire focuses on removing the smoke residues from structural components and then deodorizing odors which were given off by the residues. We advise you which components can be cleaned and which we cannot. Replacement or repair is doe for anything that doesn’t respond to cleaning.
Having lit candles or smoking in the home are other things where you need to be cautious. Never leave candles burning unattended, and always blow them out before going to bed or leaving a room. Make sure there is nothing within twelve inches of the candles which could catch fire. When smoke in the home, never smoke in bed and do not smoke in the home if someone uses oxygen. Make sure it is completely put out in an ashtray and do not throw hot ashes or cigarettes in the trash. You should even soak them in water before throwing them away.
SERVPRO of Montrose / Telluride can help you restore your home in Cedaredge, Almont or Pitkin after a fire any time you need. Don't hesitate to contact our crew right away once the flames are out by dialing (970) 240-6970 so we can help you avoid further damage.
Click here for more about Delta.