How Long Will We Have to Be Out of Our Montrose Home During Flood Restoration?
SERVPRO Works Fast After a Storm Performing Skilled Flood Damage Techniques to Ensure Your Montrose Home Gets Back to Normal
It is understandable that you will have immense worry and frustration after your Montrose home suffers damage after a storm. Either during or immediately after a storm front rolls through, your interior can flood with potentially contaminated water. Whether your roof suffers from damage or floodwater comes into your basement or the first level of your home, prompt action is necessary. SERVPRO features highly-skilled and certified water restoration technicians (WRT) who get to work quickly to limit your home's length of time in disarray. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster, meaning that we do everything possible to have a crew at your door within hours of your initial call for emergency service.
What Can SERVPRO Do to Help?
Major storms can bring flood damage in Montrose that can range from mild to severe. Even when you think that you can pull up standing water with mops or a wet-dry vacuum, you need to know that there could be many contaminants that pose health hazards. Our technicians have the techniques and training to handle floodwater containing elements such as fuel, chemicals, fecal matter, and a broad range of debris. Rapid water extraction and applied structural drying allow us to restore your interior so that everything is left “Like it never even happened.” There are several issues that we address when called to any flooding event, such as:
• Structural Damage: The pressure from floodwater can start to ruin your walls, ceilings, and floors.
• Foundation Damage: High water levels can lead to problems with your foundation, such as cracking or partial washouts.
• Content Damage: Different levels of soiling and saturation call for different cleaning methods, so our team adjusts accordingly.
• Blackwater: As mentioning, contaminated water entering your home calls for specialized treatment and extra precautions.
• Mold Growth: With any water incident, there is the potential for rapid mold growth. We work fast and ensure all areas get treated to inhibit the onset of mold and mildew.
How Can I Tell How Bad the Water Damage Is?
Because each flooding situation is unique, we evaluate your property carefully to tailor our plan for restoration and recovery. Some of the factors that we take into consideration while assessing damage include:
• The overall volume of water throughout your interior
• The amount of time your belongings and building materials have been submerged in water or exposed to increased moisture
• Any of the home's access points where floodwater made its way in
Once our crew factors in all of these elements during the assessment, we can put together a best practices plan for restoration. Our goal is always to perform fast, efficient water extraction followed by thorough drying, cleaning, and sanitizing all affected areas.
Will I Need to Throw Out All Belongings Saturated by Floodwater?
It might be necessary for our water restoration technicians (WRT) to remove any carpeting or upholstered items from your home. If they are not salvageable, we take inventory and then dispose of them carefully according to local guidelines. Whatever things get deemed as no threat to your health can get restored. We have unique cleaning methods tailored to your needs to help limit the loss and save you money. Our Green Fleet of SERVPRO trucks come equipped with:
• Submersible pumps and truck-mount extractors
• Air movers, fans, and dehumidifiers
• EPA-registered cleaning agents and sanitizers
• Specialty tools such as air scrubbers and thermal fogging equipment to aid in the elimination of foul, musty odors
Will Any Moisture Get Left Behind?
Our team has access to a vast assortment of tools that allow us to locate and eliminate hidden pockets of moisture not only in the flood zone but also in areas where water may have migrated. We look beyond surface materials to make sure moisture is dried correctly and that everything gets properly cleaned and disinfected. In most flood cleanup projects, we use multiple tools and devices to achieve our goals, such as:
• Thermal imaging technology
• Surface moisture meters
• Probing moisture detectors
• Hygrometers, and more
How Do You Know That No Moisture is Lurking Behind Walls?
Our crew knows that moisture often lingers within structural cavities and other tight spaces. We take the time to identify all moisture pockets and then employ positive pressure by way of heated air blasts forced into the cavities. When used promptly, our positive pressure methods can reduce the need for removal due to secondary damage.
With any water restoration project, indoor air quality (IAQ) must get addressed. We take the time to test the air and relative humidity in your home to ensure a safe environment for your family. To finish everything up, surfaces are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized to achieve the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned stamp of approval.
SERVPRO of Montrose / Telluride is the team that you want on the job when you need help with flood damage. Call (970) 240-6970 to have a crew sent to your location day or night to get started.