If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (970) 240-6970

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Commercial Fire Damage In Your Montrose Dance Studio

4/20/2020 (Permalink)

overheated a plug and caused a fire A forgotten space heater plugged into an extension cord overheated a plug and caused a fire within a wall.

Montrose Dance Studio Needs Commercial Fire Damage Cleanup

The owner of the dance studio was meticulous. She checked her building weekly for both water and commercial fire damage potential hazards. However, a forgotten space heater plugged into an extension cord overheated a plug and caused a fire within a wall.

The property owner brought in SERVPRO to mitigate the commercial fire damage in the Montrose dance studio. Fortunately, only the front reception area of the studio received the effects of the fire loss.

Stopping Soot Spread
Because smoke damage and soot have the possibility of spreading throughout a property via particulate that is smaller than the human eye can see, the technicians use containment as one effective method to halt the spread. This gets accomplished through the blocking of doorways and vents, so the loss area gets closed off. The techs run air scrubbers to assist in the capture of airborne soot particles to assist in improving the air quality.

Drying the Reception Area
The firefighting efforts drenched the flooring and desk area in the front of the building where the reception desk and greeting area was. SERVPRO techs extracted the remaining water and used their moisture detection equipment to confirm if any water seeped under the tile flooring. The good news was that the flooring remained intact and needed only drying.

Removal of Damaged Building Materials and Contents
The bad news was that the wall behind the reception desk where the fire started had extensive charring and needed controlled demolition actions to get rid of the unrestorable areas. SERVPRO techs removed the charred sheetrock and insulation. Upon inspection, they found the reception desk was not burned but rather covered in soot and could get cleaned for reuse using their specialized cleaning agents. The goal is always to save property owners the cost of replacing items whenever possible through the advanced restoration methods.

SERVPRO of Montrose / Telluride at (970) 240-6970 handles commercial fire damage and uses their extensive skill and equipment to make the fire loss, “Like it never even happened.”

For more about Montrose click here.

Other News

View Recent Posts