If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (970) 240-6970

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Finding Mold Damage Experts In Gunnison

1/9/2018 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation Finding Mold Damage Experts In Gunnison Filters Help Trap Mold Spores Limiting Potential Damage in Gunnison

SERVPRO, the Team to Call for Mold Remediation

Everyone knows the pungent smell of mold. If you get fungi growing in your Gunnison home, you may also be able to see it. If mold is present in your house, it is due to some type of water damage situation. Fungi can grow in an area where there is a slow water leak or a previous leak that didn't get dry quick enough.
 
If at any time you suspect you may have had water sitting somewhere in your house, it is a good idea to call in Gunnison's mold damage specialists at SERVPRO. Often, the presence of a fungus can create a foul odor that may be difficult to remove out of some surfaces. Any water damage can cause structural damage to your house if it gets to the point where it starts rotting away your house's wooden studs. Mold can also cause health effects for some people.
 
All forms of mold originate from spores which are lightweight, microscopic seeds that travel via air circulation, clothes, pets, and many other means. Three conditions are required for the proliferation of these fungi. There must be an organic food source such as wood or paper; typically mold grows best under temperatures ranging from 68 to 85 degrees, and moisture. Lack of sunlight can also encourage mold patches to appear and expand as in basements and wall cavities.
 
When you call in a company like SERVPRO to mitigate your mold problems, there is a specific procedure their technicians must follow to mitigate the damage the right way. First, the restoration specialists must determine the source of the damage and isolate the area. Then a containment chamber must be set up around the affected area to prevent spores from spreading to other parts of the house. The contained area must then have a negative pressure fan or air scrubber to suck air into a HEPA filter. Of course, less strident protocols may be in force for small, isolated areas of mold infestations.
 
After the containment chamber is set up, the next step is to remove the contaminated objects. At times the surface of a wall or other item can be the affected area. The mold then must be sanded or scrubbed off and sucked up into a HEPA vacuum. Then the spores must be removed by damp wiping or HEPA vacuuming. After the visible mold is removed, our AMRT (applied microbial remediation technicians) treat the exposed area with an antifungal product. Lastly, the moisture content needs to be restored back to a safe level to prevent future mold growth.
 
It is essential that when anyone deals with mold, they leave it to the professionals. To find out how we can help you with your mold situation, contact SERVPRO of Montrose/Telluride at (970) 240-6970 for help 24/7

See more about the Rocky Mountains Base camp here.

Other News

View Recent Posts